Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day

I was lucky enough to get a snow day today. Since I work for the teacher's union, if all three of the districts I support call off because of snow, my boss can close the office for the day. Yesterday at work we were all talking about how today would probably be a snow day, so I had a feeling that I wouldn't be working today.

Lucas must have had a feeling too, because he decided to play a little game with me last night. Except for this game was about as fun as a round of Bloody Knuckles. We had gotten into a really good pattern - bed time around 9:30 or 10, and he'd sleep until 6 or 6:30, which is just about perfect. But last night, Lucas decided it would be a barrel of laughs if he went down at 9:30 and wake up at 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, etc. I finally got tired of going into the nursery to put his pacifier back in and took him out of his swing to come sleep in bed with me. (I know, I know, HUUUUGE no-no, but whatever. Keep reading.)

So Lucas settles down next to me with my arm under his head and I doze off. Right as I fall into a nice peaceful sleep, Lucas starts squirming around. And then we went another 40 rounds of spit the paci out, put it back in, each round spaced out with enough time in between for me to reach almost-sleep. So instead of getting the desired result - sleep - I ended up laying in bed half-awake, cursing the day Dan decided to work nights. So see, all you anti-bed-sharers, the punishment fit the crime. So it was a good thing I had a snow day today because I am doubtful that I'd have had the energy to make it through work after such a terrible night.

And now, I'm going to sign off and watch a movie with my husband who has not been off work since Sunday and had not been off before that since Thursday. More scintillating and fantastically well-written blog posts to come later!

No comments: