Friday, May 20, 2011

Dear Mean Girl: Suck It!

So that last post was pretty deep.  I'm sure some of you were considering putting me on suicide watch and sneaking into my bathroom to steal my Venus for fear of what I could do to my wrists.


Anyway, I am for sure making some progress towards beating Mean Girl into a bloody, pulpy oblivion.  So far we're both showing some wear and tear.  But, she suffered a massive defeat last night when I ran 25 minutes without walking and didn't feel like I was going to pass out after.  I actually felt pretty darn good.  And she's going to be down for the count on June 11 when I complete my first official 5K.   


I'm still a bit discouraged about my slow weight loss.  I feel like I'm doing everything right and I'm still not really seeing the numbers I want.  But, I'm going to power on through and hope that I reach my goal of looking ridiculously hot for my cousin's wedding in mid-July.  (D totally doesn't get this, by the way.  He keeps saying "Why?  It's not your wedding."  Men, I swear.  And also, doesn't he realize that I wish it were my wedding?  Of course I'd marry him again, but I seriously loved my wedding so much that I wish I could do it every year.)


Irregardless (totally not a word but it was in Mean Girls so I'm counting it as one), I'm reminding myself that what really counts is the fact that I haven't given up.  And also (repeatedly) that I'm trying to learn to enjoy running to keep myself healthy and set a positive example for my kids, NOT to lose weight.


But really, there's not so much a point to this post other than to let everyone know that I appreciate all the positive comments, messages and emails that you all sent me after my last post.  I'm going to try to get back to the positive and funny about my life, and I actually have a post in the works about the stereotype about women that is totally true for me.  How's that for a teaser?    

No comments: